MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I was just hacked! How do I upload my back up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was just hacked! How do I upload my backup!?

forum.thedumpload.net
That's because you continuously PMed people begging them to help, handing out your password. You also posted your FTP credentials in a public place on your forum yesterday and said "here, someone help". This is what happens.

And FYI, your forum looks fine to me.
I watched a tutorial and it was this "spook and shade" people. They hit a few other people around here as well.
Oh yea, I forgot about the instapush "hack me" button in MyBB 1.8.1 that hasn't been patched yet. I guess it had nothing to do with you handing out your credentials.

/sarcasm
Alright,

Yes it was very neglectful of me handing out my personal information and a rough and tough lesson was learned. But I watched a couple forums face the same thing as me yesterday, are you telling me , they also all handed out personal information?
Yes. Either that, or they had very insecure passwords.

Edit: Or they could be using some 3rd party exploitable plugin. I don't know what plugins you are using.
Can 3rd party plug-ins be found directly through the Mybb Admin cp? The "Browse plugins" section? I get all my plug-ins from there.

One last thing, I noticed yesterday because I am always checking my online users that, all day the same IP was on 24/7 and it was at "unknown location". I did a reverse look up and it was some "Royal Media" bot.
(2014-11-11, 01:10 PM)Saint Francis Wrote: [ -> ]Can 3rd party plug-ins be found directly through the Mybb Admin cp? The "Browse plugins" section? I get all my plug-ins from there.

One last thing, I noticed yesterday because I am always checking my online users that, all day the same IP was on 24/7 and it was at "unknown location". I did a reverse look up and it was some "Royal Media" bot.

I noticed you have a PayPal donation button, hope you change this password just in case they got your credentials when they logged into the ACP?
I have done so.

But, will these "spook and shade" guy's ever be caught or be looked for or blacklisted by Mybb?

I don't think half a dozen forums could of gave out personal information, like I did. Yeah, i'm an idiot...
Use some common sense and think about it. If it's that easy for your ghost guys to "hack" MyBB 1.8.1, why hasn't anyone hacked the community forums yet?
Pages: 1 2 3