MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add H1 Tag to Home Page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have turned post tiles into h1 tags the only remaining part is the index. Can anyone please teach me how do i turn the home page title into a h1 tag for the home page?
What do you mean by "home page title"? Could you show it on a screenshot?
i want to turn the board title (name) into an h1 tag. should i post a screenshot now?
ACP>Templates & Stylr> Template> Your template> Index Page Template> Index

Change <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
to
<h1><title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title></h1>

Just wondering:

Will h-tag give an effort on google, or are they looking at forums different way?
Have seen that mybb.com also is using h-tag,

If it does is needed for better seo, why have not mybb added this h-tags in the code, so that all forum owners could benefit from it, and if not, why is mybb.com using h-tags on they're own site?

Hope someone can give an answer.
(2014-11-12, 03:37 AM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]ACP>Templates & Stylr> Template> Your template> Index Page Template> Index

to

This is invalid HTML, <h1> can't be used for <title>..

And @helper4u, the board name is used in many places in MyBB.. So yes, I'm still awaiting the screenshot.
Destroy666, you wright, sorry.
But still I doubt use of h-tag will effect google. The title should give a short meaning what the content is about, and will for the user be the reason to even read the content. h-tag where more used by google before, but as we all know the (at least) pre-html5 had issues with h1-h6 tags.
As google have written, uses of title give the user an ide' what the content is about, and google is giving more weight for users experience then ever before.

Many have lately tried the difference between <strong> and the uses of h-tags, with no difference.
Structure in html5 will make it easier to add h-tag, since (after what I have understood) we can use h1 on multiple places in same site, and it will get an outline (example, <h1>document</h1><h1>article</h1> but still with relevance.

Perhaps there is a good reason to still use h-tags, but I guess the wright title on threads, good content and a good user experience is a bigger factor for google then the use or not use of h=tags.
(2014-11-12, 05:58 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-12, 03:37 AM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]ACP>Templates & Stylr> Template> Your template> Index Page Template> Index

to

This is invalid HTML, <h1> can't be used for <title>..

And @helper4u, the board name is used in many places in MyBB.. So yes, I'm still awaiting the screenshot.

[Image: h110.jpg]
here on index page. i want title to be turned into h1 tag for the following page only
www.braindirector.com/cyberhub/index.php

(2014-11-12, 07:27 AM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]Destroy666, you wright, sorry.
But still I doubt use of h-tag will effect google. The title should give a short meaning what the content is about, and will for the user be the reason to even read the content. h-tag where more used by google before, but as we all know the (at least) pre-html5 had issues with h1-h6 tags.
As google have written, uses of title give the user an ide' what the content is about, and google is giving more weight for users experience then ever before.

Many have lately tried the difference between <strong> and the uses of h-tags, with no difference.
Structure in html5 will make it easier to add h-tag, since (after what I have understood) we can use h1 on multiple places in same site, and it will get an outline (example, <h1>document</h1><h1>article</h1> but still with relevance.

Perhaps there is a good reason to still use h-tags, but I guess the wright title on threads, good content and a good user experience is a bigger factor for google then the use or not use of h=tags.

I will try to explain the difference. It is the difference between telling someone that you want a job and that you want to be a doctor.
Without h1 tags you leave it upto google for the most part.
With h1 tags you are telling google that here is what i want to rank for.

@blagger- Mybb nowhere claims to be a seo friendly forum script. I am more than just sure that if mybb takes care of the seo part, the number of mybb forum script users is going to increase by ten fold.
helper4u, I did not mean that mybb claims to be seo friendly, but if you look at the codes mybb.com (not the one we are using, but they're own) they have hardcoded h-tags into the codes. So my question was more, IF it does make a difference and mybb is aware of it, and have taken the effort to solved it out on its own forum, why not use (share) that code to others ?
And IF they mean that it does not have any influence on google, why does they self use it?

Well its world championship in chess this days, so I use a fork.
you have a point Bagger.

still waiting to learn how to add h1 for home pag or how to turn forum title into an h1 for the home page
You need Template Conditionals to achieve it: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464 After activating it in nav_bit_active template replace:
<span class="active">{$navbit['name']}</span>
with:
<if THIS_SCRIPT == "index.php" then>
<h1 class="active">{$navbit['name']}</h1>
<else>
<span class="active">{$navbit['name']}</span>
</if>
or a smilar code.

@Bagger, thanks, corrected.
Pages: 1 2