MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: spambot tactics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have theory that the bots who post get good revenue by enticing people to click and view their threads. What you think, true or false?
xRumer is one of those tools that will spam tens of thousands of websites in a short period of time for the backlinks. Backlinks to that extent will significantly increase search engine rankings, and will thus increase traffic, so yes, a lot of websites make a killing off of it.

It's really pretty sad.
I concur. btw, earlier i saw a spam post..but it was removed faster than a jack rabbit in heat..usually spam posts stay up on zetaboards support for hours..even a full day! this board and its staff are very attentive. agreed?
(2014-11-12, 07:31 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]I concur. btw, earlier i saw a spam post..but it was removed faster than a jack rabbit in heat..usually spam posts stay up on zetaboards support for hours..even a full day! this board and its staff are very attentive. agreed?

We work as a team. We live in different timezones also so some of us are up while others are sleeping / at work.
i want to also mention that in the last 4 months zb has seen a total of over 20-40 spammers daily...and despite thier large membership, i suspect half of the population is made up of spammers. Thier m.o. is they tend to post late at night..btwn 12am-3am.