MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add colours to background post of user groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'm really lost here, I've been searching the internet for ages and I know it's possible but I can't seem to find anyway to add a coloured background behind each post of a certain user group, so for example Moderator has a green background on post and Admin has a red background, how do I do that?

How do I also add alerts to my forums? So if you post a thread and someone replies, you get an alert, I've seen it on another mybb forums, so I know it is possible.

This is a bit of a silly and basic question but how do I add pages to the website?

I apologize for the mass of questions, new to this and would love to get this all set up.

Thanks in advance.
(2014-11-12, 04:36 AM)iAmPandi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really lost here, I've been searching the internet for ages and I know it's possible but I can't seem to find anyway to add a coloured background behind each post of a certain user group, so for example Moderator has a green background on post and Admin has a red background, how do I do that?

How do I also add alerts to my forums? So if you post a thread and someone replies, you get an alert, I've seen it on another mybb forums, so I know it is possible.

This is a bit of a silly and basic question but how do I add pages to the website?

I apologize for the mass of questions, new to this and would love to get this all set up.

Thanks in advance.

I believe if you search plug-ins , there might be one for that.
(2014-11-12, 04:49 AM)Saint Francis Wrote: [ -> ]I believe if you search plug-ins , there might be one for that.

Which one? Toungue
Colored background for posts: http://community.mybb.com/thread-134747.html

Alert for replies: Select "Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies" on that thread (while posting or later)

Add pages: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=6
(2014-11-12, 07:31 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]Colored background for posts: http://community.mybb.com/thread-134747.html

Alert for replies: Select "Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies" on that thread (while posting or later)

Add pages: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=6

I'm pretty sure one of my friends followed the guide for the coloured background you just put in and it didn't work, is that still a working guide because it was posted in 2013. Smile
(2014-11-12, 11:56 AM)iAmPandi Wrote: [ -> ]is that still a working guide because it was posted in 2013. Smile

does that really matter... if you get the idea behind that, you can use it for any version on any day...  after all its just a css trick... Big Grin
(2014-11-12, 12:27 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-12, 11:56 AM)iAmPandi Wrote: [ -> ]is that still a working guide because it was posted in 2013. Smile

does that really matter... if you get the idea behind that, you can use it for any version on any day...  after all its just a css trick... Big Grin

Bare in mind I am very new to this, so yeah aha. I've looked into this and the coding is different to what it says it is on that thread compared to my UCP. I have looked for the coding that he has in his guide and it's not there.
(2014-11-12, 12:55 PM)iAmPandi Wrote: [ -> ]Bare in mind I am very new to this, so yeah aha. I've looked into this and the coding is different to what it says it is on that thread compared to my UCP. I have looked for the coding that he has in his guide and it's not there.

i understand and no problem, we really have a bunch of helpful members here, you can learn soon... Smile 

coming to your query.... find this in your postbit template...

<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['message']}
</div>

and change it like this....

<div class="post_body scaleimages post{$usergroup['gid']}" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['message']}
</div>

and then in global.css add this.... 

.post4 { background: #FDB5FF; }
(2014-11-12, 01:12 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]-post-

Thanks for all the help by the way!

Do I need to copy this

<div class="post_body scaleimages post{$usergroup['gid']}" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['message']}
</div>

and change a part of that for each user group?

So if I had a user group called Administrator and that was user group 2, would it look something like this:

{$usergroup['2']

Or is that all meant to stay the same, is there anything I have to change so there is different colours for each user group and do I have to copy and paste anything again below to do the next user group background post colour?

Sorry for all the questions Smile
bumping this as I never actually got this working, maybe someone knows of a working way on how to do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5