MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unable to login and out of forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-11-13, 02:12 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 01:51 AM)jaxgs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 01:06 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]This appears from that video to be the same problem I am having.

I have tried everything I possibly could think of, changing sub domain, changing database, reinstalling on various browsers, and testing on various browsers. Along with the recommended ideas here, it seems I can find a solution. If you happen to find one let me know please Smile.

If you don't mind me asking, who is your hosting provider?

I'm wondering if we have the same one.

Hostgator shared hosting. I actually just saw your thread, it said you noticed the problem this afternoon, I recently ran into the problem myself. I had set it up yesterday and there didn't seem to be an error. However, I simply set it up yesterday for the first time, logged out, and called it a day so I didn't have much time until today to notice if there actually was a problem.
^ looks like you have reinstalled MyBB - is it an automatic installation (from web host control panel)
Well. I cannot seem to get anyone from mybb to give me an idea of what the problem is. My service provider cannot give me any answers either.
(2014-11-13, 02:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ looks like you have reinstalled MyBB - is it an automatic installation (from web host control panel)

No, hostgator auto install only has 1.6.x. I've been manually installing newest version from mybb. Getting this error repeatedly Sad.
if you need direct help & if you can wait for a few hours, both of you can PM me temporary access to admin panel & files (ftp) to check
most probably the referred issues are related to web server. please contact web host (HostGator)
(2014-11-13, 03:02 AM)jaxgs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 02:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ looks like you have reinstalled MyBB - is it an automatic installation (from web host control panel)

No, hostgator auto install only has 1.6.x. I've been manually installing newest version from mybb. Getting this error repeatedly Sad.

No offense but host gator is crap, overpriced and they even have set up fees. Horrible.
I've been using arvixe for years! Never had a problem. And they have the newest scripts, auto install and upgrade wizards. Just saying.
(2014-11-13, 05:19 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]most probably the referred issues are related to web server. please contact web host (HostGator)

Alright, thanks I'll see what I can get from them Smile.

(2014-11-13, 05:25 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-13, 03:02 AM)jaxgs Wrote: [ -> ]

No offense but host gator is crap, overpriced and they even have set up fees. Horrible.
I've been using arvixe for years! Never had a problem. And they have the newest scripts, auto install and upgrade wizards. Just saying.

I mainly have this site as a start up for a game I have been working on, whenever I need to upgrade to a vps or dedicated or even changing plans I will need to shop around some more. Thanks for the recommendation I'll have a look at it.

(2014-11-13, 02:59 AM)oklalittledixie Wrote: [ -> ]Well. I cannot seem to get anyone from mybb to give me an idea of what the problem is. My service provider cannot give me any answers either.

What hoster do you happen to have? I have hostgator with a shared account running my forum. I am contacting their support to see if they can help. I'll let you know if I get any answers from them.

Thanks for all the help, it turned out it was my host causing this issue. It seems hostgator has a problem with this. If anyone else has this problem I recommend contacting your host and telling them about the problem.
Pages: 1 2