MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Find certain code to remove borders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Back with some questions, this time I'd like to know how I remove the borders away from the avatar pictures, here is what it looks like below:

[Image: eadd27214b70838b5fe71f2a8d1e114f.png]

Surely I can edit my template coding or whatever so it removes this border, maybe someone knows where I can find this and what the coding will look like. Note: the red border is in the picture, the white border is what I want to remove.

Thanks in advance!
private message notification should be class .pm_alert in the global.css style sheet
you can edit background color of .pm_alert in theme's global.css through admin panel (themes section) in advanced edit mode

for the border, give the test url (i.e. where you need to remove the border - is it profile page ?)
(2014-11-13, 10:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]private message notification should be class .pm_alert in the global.css style sheet
you can edit background color of .pm_alert in theme's  global.css  through admin panel (themes section) in advanced edit mode

for the border, give the test url (i.e. where you need to remove the border - is it profile page ?)

I managed to download a plugin for the alert system I was looking for, so that is sorted but the avatar thing is still a problem, I mean it is everywhere on the forums apart from on profile pages, I'll post a screenshot and link to forums so you can see for yourself if you like:

[Image: e03861288658550bf9283b6efbbbf8e2.png]

Link: http://cragaming.net84.net/showthread.php?tid=26
^ you have to allow guests to view threads or give a test user account so that someone can check your requirement
(2014-11-13, 11:12 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you have to allow guests to view threads or give a test user account so that someone can check your requirement

Shall I PM test account to you?
^ well, you can.
(2014-11-13, 11:31 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, you can.

PM'd you it.
to remove that border on the thread pages, you can add below style code at the bottom of theme's global.css
(advanced edit mode) & hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on a thread page
.post.classic .post_author {border: none!important;}
(2014-11-13, 11:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]to remove that border on the thread pages, you can add below style code at the bottom of theme's global.css
(advanced edit mode) & hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on a thread page

.post.classic .post_author {border: none!important;}

Added that in and it didn't work :/
^ which browser you are using ? have you hard refreshed browser (a couple of times) ?
I can clearly see that as required, border around the avatar is disappeared
Pages: 1 2