MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT!! Pages do not refresh - I have to use f5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The issue
when you click a thread from the home page, read the
thread, and click the banner back to the home page, the thread you just
read is not showing as having been read. Normally it will show that the
thread was read by unbolding the thread title.

When I clear cache on my web browsers, the first thread I went to will
show that it was visited but subsequent threads will not. The only way I
can update the home page to reflect what I have visited is by pressing f5.

This problem does not happen in SSL mode (secure mode), only in http
(normal mode).

- I have contacted cloudflare who have investigated it fully, its they say its not on that end, they suggested web server issues
- I contacted hostgator and they cant find anything wrong, and suggest it is cloudflare

Can anyone help me, i've even reverted every edit i made over the past week and to no avail.

Forum Link - Snipped - you can post as anon so no account required.
though web host refused, it all looks like related to web server. I've tested 5 forums today with similar issues (3 forums are on MyBB)
(2014-11-13, 05:21 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]though web host refused, it all looks like related to web server. I've tested 5 forums today with similar issues (3 forums are on  MyBB)

That is the most re-assuring thing i have heard all day.....I have tried everything to the point where i am pulling my hair out after trying everything, its very depressing after i've spent the a whole day on this Sad

So i have 3 questions,

1) did the other forums manage to get it fixed?

2) all hostgator?

and 3) what now....do i just file another ticket.
^ All forums were on HostGator and I could not fix any of them even after devoting good amount of time.
(2014-11-13, 05:38 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ All forums were on HostGator and I could not fix any of them even after devoting good amount of time.

Oh snap

and that is just disheartening, i hope hostgator does something about this.

It seems to have normalized to a degree on its own, host still denies any problem, some issues still persist on mobile devices.
My MyBB forum at http://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/ has been experiencing the same issue since last night and is also hosted with HostGator (on a reseller account but I doubt that matters).

I've opened a ticket with them but I've been waiting over two days on another ticket so I'm not getting my hopes up for a response anytime soon.

If anyone has any suggestions in the meantime I would very much appreciate it.