MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML5 to Mybb theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to create a mybb template from HTML5 responsive pages?
There's no a tutorial for that. A basic knowlage how mybb template system work is a must. Porting a HTML5 stock page should start with declaring HTML5 doctype in headerinclude template and replacing elements (and their attributes) that are obsolete. Once you are done with that move the header and footer from that HTML5 template to their respective areas (header template for header, and footer in footer template). If you have plans to provide responsive support you'll want to apply individual classes to various elements (wrapper, row, cell) in order to achieve that.

When it comes to grid systems i have noticed that most of them just moves cell content into a new row. Some areas, like forum list on index page, thread list and modcp, should be hidden instead of pushed into a new row (with a toggle button to shows that hidden content) and leave just necessary information visible.

From my personal experience, before i started building a html5 tableless skeleton, using a finished grid system (and frameworks) was a pain due the fact that those systems are not tailored for forums and you have to put additional work in order to get them working (starting with classes).
(2014-11-14, 05:23 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]There's no a tutorial for that. A basic knowlage how mybb template system work is a must. Porting a HTML5 stock page should start with declaring HTML5 doctype in headerinclude template and replacing elements (and their attributes) that are obsolete. Once you are done with that move the header and footer from that HTML5 template to their respective areas (header template for header, and footer in footer template). If you have plans to provide responsive support you'll want to apply individual classes to various elements (wrapper, row, cell) in order to achieve that.

When it comes to grid systems i have noticed that most of them just moves cell content into a new row. Some areas, like forum list on index page, thread list and modcp, should be hidden instead of pushed into a new row (with a toggle button to shows that hidden content) and leave just necessary information visible.

From my personal experience, before i started building a html5 tableless skeleton, using a finished grid system (and frameworks) was a pain due the fact that those systems are not tailored for forums and you have to put additional work in order to get them working (starting with classes).

Thanks for the reply. Can you read the private messages?