MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin 3.8.2 -> 1.8.2 only partially imported threads / forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've run the merge software twice now and had the same partial result.

I am trying to test out the myBB software before I fully abandon my current instance of vBulletin. I have a small user group ready to trial myBB and so I'm trying to setup a full copy of the current forums under a myBB install.

My current forums are located here: www.thundercats.org/forums
The test myBB install is located here: www.guardiansfan.com/forumsbeta

Here is the output file from my merge run:

http://guardiansfan.com/forumsbeta/repor...86384.html

The problems I'm running into are:

1) The announcements section didn't import
2) Of the 80,000 + posts only 41,000 now show on the myBB install
3) Images such as avatars or signature line images aren't showing up
4) Our custom user "title" setup didn't come across. By this I mean, depending on how many posts you've made, you're granted a custom title under your user name. The more posts you have made the "grander" your title.

I'd really appreciate some help trouble shooting this.
3 & 4 aren't merged at all (avatars are planned for the next version but I haven't coded anything so far so I can't give you a development version for it).

Not sure about 1 & 2 (and I won't have time today to look at it), but you could try to reduce the number of forums/threads/posts imported per screen, probably it's a timeout problem.
(2014-11-15, 01:20 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]3 & 4 aren't merged at all (avatars are planned for the next version but I haven't coded anything so far so I can't give you a development version for it).

Not sure about 1 & 2 (and I won't have time today to look at it), but you could try to reduce the number of forums/threads/posts imported per screen, probably it's a timeout problem.

Hi thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, until avatars are part of the conversion I couldn't get the community approval to make the switch so I'll need to wait or consider alternatives.

In the meantime I'd like to uninstall myBB. I noticed that the install / merge setup a number of myBB files on my database. Can you point me at instructions to uninstall in a way that will remove all files?

Thanks!
Mark
If you're only using URL avatars and no uploaded ones I could give you a simple change to achieve that. Otherwise you'd need to wait (I've a few other things to fix before).

For uninstalling mybb: simply delete all files and all mybb tables (usually prefixed with "mybb_").
you could try stagger the import by going vbulletin to mybb 1.6.15, then mybb 1.6.15 to 1.8.2.

But what i did notice on the links you post is that your actually live vbulletin forum although has more posts but less threads than the mybb version. i have personally merged from vbulletin to mybb and i too had to change the the posts per page import process to 50-100 if i remember correctly. I think the default is 500. The post table is probably the biggest table in your database so is highly likely to reach your resource timeout limits set by deafult if not changed by yourself if its your server or your host provider..
If you're merging to 1.6.15 you'll likely have a lot more issues, I've fixed more than 100 issues already in 1.8.x
(2014-11-15, 08:17 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]If you're merging to 1.6.15 you'll likely have a lot more issues, I've fixed more than 100 issues already in 1.8.x

nice one and useful info for future projects, appreciate the reply and the work behind the scenes
So I tried the install a third time and got the same partial results that I described in my initial post. On the third install I ran the thread and post conversion at 50 at a time to make sure this wasn't a time out issue.

I've pasted the converter report below.

I'd really like some help troubleshooting this, I'd love to properly evaluate myBB to replace my vBulletin but if I can't even get through this stage then I have to consider something else. It'd be a shame because I've heard so many good things about myBB.

Jones I hope you can assist.

My current forums are located here: http://www.thundercats.org/forums
The test myBB install is located here: http://www.guardiansfan.com/forumsbeta

Thanks!

MyBB Merge System - Merge Report
--------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the MyBB Merge System Generated Report. This
report shows a small overview of this merge session.

General
-------
Board merged: vBulletin 3
Import began: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:25:31 +0000
Import finished: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 23:17:27 +0000

Database Query Statistics
-------------------------
Queries on MyBB database: 574,800
Queries on old database: 206,756
Total query time: 13 minutes, 24 seconds

Modules
-------
The following modules from this converter were completed:
Database Configuration
Users
Usergroups
Forums
Forum Permissions
Threads
Polls
Poll Votes
Private Messages
Settings
Calendar Events
Attachments

Import Statistics
-----------------
The MyBB import system imported the following from your copy of vBulletin 3:
User Groups: 4
Users: 2,275
Forums: 59
Forum Permissions: 48
Moderators: 1
Threads: 5,803
Attachments: 986
Polls: 111
Poll Votes: 2,030
Private Messages: 11,600
Events: 4
Settings: 58

Errors
------
The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:
None

Problems?
---------
The "mybb_debuglogs" table located in your database contains
debug information about this merge. If you find problems
please file a support inquery at http://community.mybb.com/.

--------------------------------------------------------
Generated: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 23:34:00 +0000
The report doesn't help as it only shows the number of imported data not why certain daata wasn't imported.

I'd need either the mybb_debuglogs table or (better) your vBulletin database to take a look locally. The modules query the whole database so I'm pretty sure it isn't cause by this.
Jones, I have sent you a PM with a link to download a copy of the DB.

Thanks!