MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB 3.1 to MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I was to do a convert would links be converted over properly as phpBB uses class="postlink" in their links.

Also would links already posted in topics be properly linkable to their MyBB links? Say I posted a link to a topic on a forum that is for my phpBB version, would when I converted would it redirect to the MyBB topic link.
Hi mate, I don't know the answers to your question, but I wanted to ask you why you're considering moving off of phpBB.

I'm currently on vBulletin and am considering both phpBB and myBB as our alternative. So I'm interested what you feel phpBB lacks, that myBB is better at?
Purely because phpBB 3.1 doesn't have enough extensions.

phpBB 3.0 is good though.
(2014-11-14, 10:52 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]If I was to do a convert would links be converted over properly as phpBB uses class="postlink" in their links.
Not 100% sure what exactly you mean. Our bbcode parser supports phpbb's URL tag so links using that are converted properly.

(2014-11-14, 10:52 PM)aaronnz Wrote: [ -> ]Also would links already posted in topics be properly linkable to their MyBB links? Say I posted a link to a topic on a forum that is for my phpBB version, would when I converted would it redirect to the MyBB topic link.
No, simply as we usually don't have the old URL (it's possible to merge from a board on another URL, the database could've been moved etc pp). Also it may happen that you linked to a post that isn't merged at that time which would result in an error. I could write you a little regex which you could add to the bbcode parser, but (as said) there may be some issues.
Links posted on other forums for my forum....
There must be some sort of .htaccess redirection script.