MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading/clean install not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had been using MyBB version 1.2.0 up until a few days ago - or at least I think that's the version I had, I don't really remember and can't seem to find the information in the files I had on my comp.

In any case, it suddenly stopped working and my php knowledgeable friend said it might be because the code was using some out-of-date commands or something, so I decided maybe it was time to update the forum software.

Before any modifications, with the original database and files I get this:

Fatal error: Trying to clone an uncloneable object of class mysqli in /home/pt4604/public_html/df/forum/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 88

Well, I downloaded the upgrade package and followed the instructions, but it didn't work at all. I get an Internal Server Error with both 666 and 777 permissions.

I tried a clean install as well, so I could just import my previous database to it once done, but it didn't go as planned either.

I deleted and re-created my database and the user to it to make sure it was empty, deleted everything inside my forum folder and uploaded everything in the package provided in MyBB's download page (version 1.2.3 obviously).

I then entered the /install/ page and I did get to the point where it asks the database information. I type in everything correctly, but when I choose MySQL Improved I get the following error (again):

Fatal error: Trying to clone an uncloneable object of class mysqli in /home/pt4604/public_html/df/forum/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 88

With just MySQL it creates the tables but then tells me MyBB is already installed. But when I try to enter the forum index the Internal Server Error hits me again. Admin panel works though, after I deleted the /install/ folder.

Any idea what's wrong here?
Try to download the archive and install again - the problem with MyBB saying it is already installed has been rectified.

I'll have to look in to the uncloneable object error.
prolly this helps
I now succesfully upgraded to 1.2.3 from my previous version, but the Internal Server Error page still appear while trying to access the forum index. Admin panel works fine.

EDIT: It works now, I just forgot to change the upper folders' permissions back to 755. :)

Thank you.