MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sql error 1300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
sounds good Smile
I'll get back to you on this. Sorry my database is huge. We have a ton of posts! It took us nearly 12 hours to just go to MyBB 1.6! And that was after over 300 hours of testing and things breaking.

Hey! Manos! I'm back.

I found some things... It appears to be MariaDB 10. It looks like MariaDB 10 and MyBB are no longer compatible.
Hey! Manos! I managed to update my database. It took several hours because such a large forum...

Anyways. I used xampp and did it offline and reuploaded it afterwards.

Apparently MyBB team doesn't support MariaDB or PostgreSQL. But, reuploading it on a mariadb server was just fine. Only errors I had was that session based thing. Hopefully one day merge team will let us skip sessions for the upgrade. Smile xampp offline has MySQL 5.6 which is perfect if you use fulltext & InnoDB.
So the solution was to move the whole forum to another server with a mysql DB, do the update and then move it again to the old one, right?

I have a much smaller db but still it's quite disterbing since i am on cpanel, so no rsync etc...
thanx for your interest and for taking the time to reply here.
Hey! Manos!

http://community.mybb.com/thread-163795-...pid1124167

Shujaa replied to my bug report that got rejected with a fix. The fix works perfectly! Big Grin

Yeah. :/ I agree. It sucks. MariaDB is a damn great replacement for MySQL and I'd prefer to drop MyBB before dropping MariaDB honestly especially since it saves a great ton of resources on a large forum. Thankfully Shujaa had a fantastic fixed that worked flawlessly for me.
Yes, just saw it and tried it and worked for me as well Smile
So the solution by Shujaa which is this post (I strongly suggest reading the post since it has an explanation):
http://community.mybb.com/thread-163795-...pid1124167
is to alter the table sessions setting the IP field as varbinary before the update proccess

ALTER TABLE `mybb_sessions` CHANGE `ip` `ip` VARBINARY(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

This solves the problem Smile
Thanks again to Shujaa and everyone else that looked into it! Thank you ashkir!
feels good to have the new version hehehe
Pages: 1 2