MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sql error 1300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
------------------------------------
EDIT: Solution to this error can be found here
http://community.mybb.com/thread-163795-...pid1124167
------------------------------------
Hello,

I tried to update mybb to the latest version (through softaculous).
After backing up and updating I was asked to go to domain/mybb/nstall/upgrade.php to finish installation.
There I get:
------------------- domain/mybb/nstall/upgrade.php ------------
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1300 - Invalid utf8 character string: 'BE6471'
Query:
DELETE FROM mbb_sessions WHERE ip=X'be6471ba'

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
--------------------

Going to the address of the forum was not working.
I tried deleting all data from the mbb_sessions which didn't solve the problem.

I have now restore the installation but i would like to have the new, more secure version. I prefer to use softaculous as it is an easy way to keep track of the version and notify me for new ones.

Note that my db is set to utf8 and that the users are writing in the greek language mostly (seems like nobody has this error Huh )
edit: all users use latin characters as usernames.

thank you
You should rather update manually, automated scripts like Softaculous aren't always reliable.
Yes but then I lose this layer of softaculous and cpanel, which means also the notifications, backups etc.

Also, the softaculous finished it's job since I had to finish the installation in the install directory of mybb, right?
Why would mybb do that?:

i cannot find a reason for why softaculous would do that (not sure if it accesses the db in general)
I'm experiencing this from a manual upgrade myself. Manos, can you answer a few questions for me. I wonder if we share something in common that is causing this:

- Are you using MariaDB?
- Is your sessions table MEMORY or InnoDB over MyISAM?
- What PHP version?
- What MySQL version?
Hello.
So, this is in a shared hosting solution that I have no access to any console.

- Are you using MariaDB?
Yes:
Server type: MariaDB
Server version: 10.0.14-MariaDB-log - MariaDB Server

- Is your sessions table MEMORY or InnoDB over MyISAM?
The engine is MyISAM:
SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM XXXXX_mybbXXX LIKE 'q0y_sessions';
Name Engine Version Row_format Rows Avg_row_length Data_length Max_data_length Index_length Data_free Auto_increment Create_time Update_time Check_time Collation Checksum Create_options Comment
q0y_sessions MyISAM 10 Dynamic 1 164 164 281474976710655 7168 0 NULL 2014-12-01 21:54:18 2014-12-01 21:54:18 NULL utf8_general_ci NULL
It says "InnoDB is the default storage engine in this SQL server" but my tables 'Type' is 'MyISAM' when i see them listed in phpmyadmin. So it's a choice of Mybb?

- What PHP version?
Version 5.3 (I can use newer versions but I think that is the 'default server version', in cPanel it's marked as 'native'.

- What MySQL version?
As mentioned above
Server version: 10.0.14-MariaDB-log - MariaDB Server
and also(if that's what you mean)
Database client version: libmysql - 5.1.73

Also:
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
cpsrvd 11.46.0.21
PHP extension: mysqli Documentation

What about you?
Thanks! I'm going to test my exact database on a MySQL system to see if it was the MariaDB that did it. We share that in common.
Sound great! Thank you!

What mybb is trying to do doesn't seem so logical.. Why would it: when the ip field could not be X'be6471ba' ?
1300 - Invalid utf8 character string: 'BE6471'

Actually in the table sesions there where only the active sessions and it could delete them all (which I tried)..

And I just noticed, the error is
But my table is named q0y_sessions. Do you have different table-names?

It might be a hardcoded mbb_sessions in php while it should be $sessionstablename ? Huh
Yeah. I deleted the entire table and tried again and it just created a new session and spat up the error again. I was wondering if our servers had anything in common and looks like we share MariaDB

what version of 1.6 are you using? I'm using 1.6.15
Edit: 1.6.15 also
Do you have different table names?
My table names are the same. I'm currently importing tables offline:

[center][Image: MM6nxQq.png][/center]

To see if the upgrade process works offline with the same exact files as the server had the only difference is it uses MySQL 5.5 and not MariaDB
Pages: 1 2