MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] MyBB won't install :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
okay... I installed it from the beginning.

Everythings goes well till the message comes up:
File uploads directory writable: NOT WRITABLE
Avatar Uploads Directory Writable: NOT WRITABLE

... even when I chmodded it to 666!

Now, when I set the folder "upload" and "avatar" to 777 it is set to writable and I can go further... till - like Diablosblizz already mentioned - the tables are created... I get an error:

Warning: db_connection ...../public_html/phorum/inc/db_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ..../public_html/phorum/install/index.php on line 831

Fatal error: db_connection(): Failed opening required ...../public_html/phorum/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in ...../public_html/phorum/install/index.php on line 831
Please replace the file install/index.php with the attached one and try again.

Moved into the bugs forum.
nope same 831-error!

(folders upoad-avatars --> if set to 666 = non writable again)
Sad I'm having the same problem created the table fine but when you go to populate them i get the
Quote:Warning: db_connection(/home/bigyin/public_html/mybb/inc/db_.php) [function.db-connection]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bigyin/public_html/mybb/install/index.php on line 831

Fatal error: db_connection() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bigyin/public_html/mybb/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bigyin/public_html/mybb/install/index.php on line 831

even tried that new index.php file and still the same

server info
Operating system Linux
Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp
Machine Type i686
Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PERL version 5.8.7
PHP version 4.4.4
MySQL version 4.1.21-standard
You have to chmod the folders to 777. The files fixes the sql error.
I can now confirm that this happens when I try to install a fresh copy of MyBB...

and Michael83's new index.php didn't stop the SQL error...

Warning: db_connection(/home/**************/inc/db_.php) [function.db-connection]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/**************/install/index.php on line 831

Fatal error: db_connection() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/**************/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/**************/install/index.php on line 831
The issue here if you can notice is in the Mysql type... look at db_.php usually after the underscore whether mysql or mysqli should appear... and it doesn't.

You can manually edit the index.php by manually adding a value.. but this is not reliable.

example of the line
inc/db_{$mybb->input['dbengine']}.php

$mybb->input['dbengine'] doesn't have a value...
Changed all that and now I get this:
MySQL error: 1045
Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Query:

I don't think it is storing any of the variables...although it does in the config.php...
do these manual.. dbhost and dbuser etc...

$connection = $db->connect($mybb->input['dbhost'], $mybb->input['dbuser'], $mybb->input['dbpass']);

and this

$dbselect = $db->select_db($mybb->input['dbname']);

i will try to find out the reason of this error so we stop the manuall fixing..
Uh oh, somebody needs to be informed about this fast, it appears to be a big bug
Pages: 1 2 3 4