MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] MyBB won't install :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, I just downloaded myBB, and I would like to get it working, heres the error I get:

Warning: db_connection(/home/mario/public_html/Upload/inc/db_.php) [function.db-connection]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mario/public_html/Upload/install/index.php on line 831

Fatal error: db_connection() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/mario/public_html/Upload/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mario/public_html/Upload/install/index.php on line 831

I get that after it inserts the files into the database, and I don't know how to fix it. My release is 1.2.3, and my information is right.

Please help.
Yep, I got that error too with correct settings!
This sucks, please fix it.
*yet another user who uploaded the "Uploads" folder instead of the "contents" of the upload folder...*

Anyway, are you quite sure everything is set correctly? Also check that all files have been uploaded.
Open ./inc/config.php

find

$config['dbtype']

The whole line should look as

$config['dbtype'] = 'mysql';

or

$config['dbtype'] = 'mysqli';

depending on your mysql.

regards
It says mysql, and I still get the error.
Can you reupload the install directory with its content please?
and try again..
Still doesn't work, it gives the same error.
strange... When I change permissions to the upload folder I got an Internal server Error... even If I go to install/index.php

In my case I already installed hundreds of scripts... without a problem

raey
Im trying to install MyBB, not scripts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4