MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Had weird issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

we are running two forums. One for public and one for test purposes but on same database and on the same domain. So when we created the test forum, we just copied the public forum files and its database.
However, today I have tested the advanced editor plus plugin on my test forum and it worked pretty fine. After upload and configuration on our public forum, i have visited the public forum and it looked all as it should, so i was writing a thread about something, while making this thread, i have been notified about a issue on the forum, so i have checked it and the forum was completely messed up, lots of white, broken theme and some plugins werent shown. So i was asking myself, why would this happen? The only thing i could think about was a cookie problem, so i went to the public forum site details on the acp settings and saw, the settings from the test forum were set, even though i havent touched anything there or on any config/settings file.

I have solved it after setting the correct cookies names, etc., but my question, why would the forum do this? I can't really explain this myself and i would like to pretend this in future, also i am very curious.
I had the thought, that the auto save from the advanced editor plus has somehow overwritten the settings from the test forum to the public forum while it saved. Makes no sense, but i dont know. Using mybb 1.8 btw.