MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed a fresh copy of 1.8.2 on my localhost to check if it might be an edited template problem, but it seems not.

I have actually three languages installed. Going to the User CP I realized that the language for the following items of the PM system are always remaining in english, as you can see in the included attachment.

Inbox
   Send items
   Drafts
   Trash Can

The language variables in the global.lang.php are all present.

$l['folder_inbox']

$l['folder_sent_items']
$l['folder_drafts']
$l['folder_trash']

Edited: Did a check. When first selecting the language the language strings are inserted into the users -> pmfolders Database field, when selecting another language, those language strings are not updated, therefore they remain in the first chosen language.

In functions_user.php line 642 changing the not equal condition to equal solves the error.

from if($name != '') to if($name = '').
yes.
go to [Edit Folders] and delete [Existing Folders] name -> save
It will work when you change language ,too.
Yes, these folders are not affected by language pack
for me not bug...
since 1.6, it works that way...
user can add more folder, edit folder (and alter folder name), so name of folder is stored in data base, and not in language files.
Yes, for me it is not a bug. Maybe MyBB should translate in language file 4 folders (inbox, sent box, trash pin, drafts). Thats all
(2014-11-19, 11:00 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, for me it is not a bug. Maybe MyBB should translate in language file 4 folders (inbox, sent box, trash pin, drafts). Thats all

you definitely do not understand how this works.
If you want translate folder name of existing user you need run sql queries in phpMyAdmin or something.
So reject this... in mybb 1.6 these folders were renamed according to lang file (I translated mybb into my language, so I know about it).
(2014-11-19, 02:19 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]So reject this... in mybb 1.6 these folders were renamed according to lang file (I translated mybb into my language, so I know about it).

you making some confusion...
mybb 1.8 work in same way of 1.6...
new users get updated language file, existing user you need run sql queries in phpMyAdmin
My bad. You confused me a little bit Smile

It is not a bug, reject
Well whatever, I modified how it works, and now it does what it should do. My users or readers  are speaking different languages and they can select their language with the language selector, so everything must be shown in the chosen language without that I as an admin have to run sql queries.

I agree that it works this way, but most users won't be aware of the possibility to edit the name of the folders or even think about it. So for me it's more convenient that all strings reflect the language chosen without user or admin intervention.
Pages: 1 2