MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restoring full backup from 2 days ago, then restoring database from today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The site is still down. I have no idea what happened last night while I was sleeping, but now it's completely down. Possibly due to techs working on the issue.

My question, if I have to restore backup from 2 days ago, can I have that restored, then restore the current database download (I can still access cpanel) and have my posts and threads up to date? Or will restoring a database from a different time than the backup cause problems? 
It can cause problems if you made alot of changes , you see your database keeps style information , plugin information and what not so when you restore that database back up and your missing things you might get some errors , i suggest making another directory on your domain. your-domain.com/test and try it out

what i usally do is export my forums, posts,users from phpmyadmin using the export feature with the drop table , then install a new version of mybb and just go back into the phpmyadmin and do the import so i am left with a fresh version of mybb and all my forums,users and posts are good to go

that's me