MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to change the forum time format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I'd like to do is change the forum time to a digital format instead of "AM/PM" and have it shown like 18:24 (6:24PM).

Along with that change I'd like to shorten the time shown on posts as the age, instead of the CIA style exact date and time, I'd like to just have the date shown as there's no point to showing an exact time for a post that was made 2 weeks ago.

Example of the current time display.

[Image: f1ba189d54c5138144b1a4577720f932.png]

if anyone has any experience or could provide insight into how to modify this I would be extremely grateful.
regarding 24 hour time format, see this reply
removing time from old posts requires a plugin. AFAIK, such plugin is not available at present
(2014-11-21, 04:12 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]regarding 24 hour time format, see this reply
removing time from old posts requires a plugin. AFAIK, such plugin is not available at present

Wouldn't it be possible through editing the actual inner files?
Sure I'd have to keep a change log for forum updates to re-apply the changes, but that's not a big deal.

The time format option would be a nice addition to the admincp > forum settings.

Instead of H:i could have a drop down selection (analogue / digital)

Anyway, thank you for your time. Smile