MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can no longer upload pictures/attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My hosting company did something that caused MyBB to tell me that my inc/setting.php file was no longer writeable and i needed to go in and change the permissions.

However, now I notice that I can't load pictures anymore. Every morning I submit the same type of picture, and this morning was no different....I successfully loaded a picture.

This evening I attempted to load the same kind of picture and got a fail error. So, I tried loading the same exact picture that I successfully loaded this morning and got the same ERROR. This is what I get. No settings were ever changed. Just all of a sudden, I can't load pictures anymore.

[attachment=33068]

Any ideas on what the problem is? My guess is that one file in some folder got messed up permissions when my hosting company did whatever it was.

Is there a list somewhere that has all the files and associated permissions so I can ensure everything is in order?

Thank you.
see required folders & files permissions

basically uploads folder should be writable and web server should have a temporary folder set (it is above forum root level)