MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gold and mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
k776 Wrote:The coding will be completly different I would imagine, most if all templates will be changes, and the theme system will be fully re-done. There will also be many other changes.

Does it mean that the moment we will upgrade from RC4 to Gold, all or most of the modifications will cease to work? And than mod people will upgrade their mods and it will take another month or so. Right? Sad
Correct.
not nessarily that long, depends which ones are the easiest. I'll be upgrading my mods ASAP!
k776 Wrote:not nessarily that long, depends which ones are the easiest. I'll be upgrading my mods ASAP!
Yes, but remember not all mod makers will be as eager to update there mods.
true, but theres more competition now so its a race Smile Time will tell I guess. Anyway, with gold coming out, mod makers might want to improve mods, I know MM is planning to redo his mods sometime! So Id rather wait for an updated version than update twice.
yeah, i will be updating my modifications that i make which wont take to long i am sure!
Depends on the complexity of the mods also I guess...
And how much free time the users got to update, and wether he/she will let others update/help update