MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to edit template manually
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Huh hey, pleasd am having troubles with editing my template from admin cp, i want to edit it manually via file manager, please where can i find the template via file manager to edit? Thanks
its under Themes and templates in admin cp, just click on the template of the theme you require to edit .
You can't your edit template(s) using file manager, it's only possible to change your template(s) in AdminCP.
I want to edit it manually via ftp/file manager
(2014-11-22, 09:02 PM)enelly Wrote: [ -> ]I want to edit it manually via ftp/file manager

You can't, only through AdminCP is possible.
Templates are stored in the database. You have to either edit them through the ACP (preferred method) or you could try to edit them via the database.
(2014-11-22, 09:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Templates are stored in the database. You have to either edit them through the ACP (preferred method) or you could try to edit them via the database.

via dbase, how please, am having troubles editing them via admin cp
What problems are you having editing them in the ACP? Editing via the database isn't recommended, but templates are found in the my_templates table. This should only really be edited by experienced users as you can easily break things. You also need to know the ID of the templates and theme you want to edit.
at admin cp, i just see the codes as part of text on the screen(each line of code is clickable though and loads the same page when clicked) but no space to edit/add templates. May be it could be my browser?
Could you post a screenshot of the page you can see? There should be a list of templates. Clicking a template name should open a page to edit that template.
Pages: 1 2