MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I upgraded my forum my permissions were from my secondary usergroup rather than my primary one (which is better).

Example:

My primary group is administrator.
My secondary group was department manager.

I could see all the staff forums etc. before the upgrade as I was administrator. After the upgrade I could only see the staff forums the department managers are allowed to see, but I could still access Admin CP. I removed department manager from my secondary usergroup and it was back to normal.

Has this happened to anyone?
The permissions system in 1.4 was fixed so it would work correctly.

If you want Administrators to access those forums (when they're apart of more than one user group) then you need to set the permissions for the Administrator group on that forum explicitly.
I have the same problem, but I think it has more implications...

I use usergroups to give permissions to specific forums (eg. Team Forums), but some users (many in fact) can be part of 2 or more usergroups.
After the upgrade this members have perrmissions only of one usergroup: either the primary usergroup (if is the only one) or the first of the secondary usergroups...Sad

Any chance to hava a fix for this??
Yes, structure your permissions correctly.

When members are apart of more than one group the following is how permissions are applied so that a "yes" setting for any of the secondary or primary groups overrides any "no" setting you have.

In regards to forum permissions they're applied the same way however with one exception - your group permissions only override forum permissions when you don't have ANY forum permissions set for ANY of the groups a member belongs to - this is so you can actually set permissions to "no" for a forum and have the system not override it with a usergroups "yes" permissions.

You need to set the YES/NO forum permissions for each group - as I said in my previous post - explicitly on the forums.
Chris Boulton Wrote:You need to set the YES/NO forum permissions for each group - as I said in my previous post - explicitly on the forums.

My board was already set that way... or at least I thought it was.

I found that most of the private forums had some group permissions set as "inherited". Deselecting it and giving the permission explicitly (altough the same permission as inherited) solved.

I still think it's a little wierd, but now it works. Thanks! Big Grin
Can this be marked fixed then?