MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: spammer issues [fix this]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

yesterday i have created a forum website using mybb CMS after creating after few hours i got a registration 100 user active and 150 user pending without publishing website to public.

and it started to get a post with different language and links.

i have deleted all today 1 hr ago all user and post but still am getting spammer registration and spam post.

1. Mybb board is vulnerable to spammer to spam [fix this]

2. Mybb board captcha is vulnerable so spammer can easily bypass

3. There is no addon or plugin for mybb 1.8 board to stop spammer

4. all the spammer blocker and spam post detector are not working in mybb board 1.8

some screen shot is here :

[Image: caa.png]

---

[Image: caa1.png]

---

[Image: caa2.png]

---

[Image: caa4.png]
They included are you a human in the core, use that.

Also if you want to fully get rid of them just redo the whole register page, we haven't had a spammer since may 2013.
thanks you for helping me.

can you please tell where i get this feature in mybb board.

(2014-11-24, 03:37 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]They included are you a human in the core, use that.

Also if you want to fully get rid of them just redo the whole register page, we haven't had a spammer since may 2013.
MyBB 1.8 has many spam prevention features in core, you need use them in a efficient way....

1. ACP >> Configuration >> General Configuration >> CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting >> Use "reCaptcha" or "Are you Human"

2. Enable Security questions and add effective questions

3. Stop Forum Spam is another feature which helps to prevent spam
1. We implemented many different anti-spam features in 1.8, yet you don't use the most effective ones and we don't have access to your ACP to enable them.. Nothing we can 'fix' here.
2. Captchas have been vulnerable for a long time and this has nothing to do with MyBB. You can always enable the most reliable Are You A Human? capctha mentioned earlier.
3. There are no plugins because most of the 1.6 spam preventions are now in core as I said in 1.
4. See 1. - you didn't enable almost any of them, so how can you know that?
Thank you for information. I am enabling all feature that u all mentioned above. But I still need a help .

1. Akismet: spam prevention not supporting in mybb 1.8 please update that plugin
2. Suggest me some security questions for my mybb forums site.
You dont need akismet Smile
But last time i use Akismet with mybb it really good plugin. block all the spam post from the publishing.
Stop Forum Spam is basically the same... Except its database is focused mainly on forum spammers, while Akismet's is based primarily on Wordpress blogs.
thanks you destroy666 u helped me many time.

but this time i am facing many issues in lunching my forums website.

please check this thread : http://community.mybb.com/thread-163385.html

thanks you for your all for explanation and suggestion.

thanks you.
Pages: 1 2