MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: password generator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does anyone here relies on password generators or are you skeptical of its reliability?
Hard to be skeptical really, they're visibly much more secure. Unfortunately I can't change my passwords on some sites/services (Need to remember a question/answer I picked 5+ years ago) but on everything else I do.
Nope. I go with my own insecure passwords.

In fact, I had a password on my bank account for so long, that it no longer met the requirements for password complexity required by the website (a password I came up with when I was 11). It was so insecure that it was secure and they never made me change it. The bots would have hit the website within the complexity parameters which meant that they would never find mine out! muwahahaha. And then my wife this year tried to get in but forgot the password and locked me out so in order to regain access I had to change it. Sad
I do sometimes, not like all the time...just when I want people I know that I don't want my passwords I will do that.
I use 1Password to handle all my passwords. Unfortunately, some sites impose stupid rules such as limiting password length and the characters you can use in passwords...
(2014-11-24, 08:15 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I use 1Password to handle all my passwords. Unfortunately, some sites impose stupid rules such as limiting password length and the characters you can use in passwords...

Use EncFS and a text file inside the container... Smile

1Password is crackable using the latest version of hashcat.
I've used enterprise grade ones. Usually because I've worked with organizations that use prefaced passwords. (THE STUPIDEST IDEA OF SECURITY...)
(2014-11-25, 01:06 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-24, 08:15 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I use 1Password to handle all my passwords. Unfortunately, some sites impose stupid rules such as limiting password length and the characters you can use in passwords...

Use EncFS and a text file inside the container... Smile

1Password is crackable using the latest version of hashcat.

My whole drive is encrypted and I only keep the database on a USB. I hadn't realised they could crack it though, thanks. I used to use LastPass but found the apps lacking. 
i use a long password. capitol. lower case and special symbols not found on standard keyboard. its so long, it takes me 38 seconds to log in
(2014-11-25, 01:06 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]1Password is crackable using the latest version of hashcat.

Eh, shouldn't be a problem so long as you are using a reasonable passphrase.

Currently I'm using KeePass and slowly migrating to LastPass, although this is the first I've heard of 1Password, might take a look and compare. Oh, no Linux version.
Pages: 1 2