MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error upgrading from 1.8.0 to 1.8.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum stops working once I go through the update to 1.8.3.

I upload the following directories and files as instructude from the 'changed files' download.

/admin
/inc
/scripts
php files

After I overwrite the existing files, the forum states that the forum has not been upgraded.
I am then unable to access the Admin or the user front-end.
You will need to go to /install and run the upgrade script before you can use your forum. Not all upgrades require the upgrade script, but 1.8.0 -> 1.8.1 does, so going from 1.8.0 to 1.8.3 will require the script to be run.

If you're upgrading from 1.8.0, I'd recommend downloading a fresh copy of 1.8.3 and overwriting your existing files. The changed files package for 1.8.3 assumes you are already using 1.8.2, so some files will not be properly updated if you use the changed files package.
(2014-11-24, 08:12 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to go to /install and run the upgrade script before you can use your forum. Not all upgrades require the upgrade script, but 1.8.0 -> 1.8.1 does, so going from 1.8.0 to 1.8.3 will require the script to be run.

If you're upgrading from 1.8.0, I'd recommend downloading a fresh copy of 1.8.3 and overwriting your existing files. The changed files package for 1.8.3 assumes you are already using 1.8.2, so some files will not be properly updated if you use the changed files package.

Thanks! That did it.