MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Php version upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cool Am thinking of upgrading my php version, i currently run my forum with v5.3.2 and wish to upgrade to v5.4 will there be any damage to the forum if i upgrade and please any guidline to do a successful upgrade
^ it will not damage the forum. however there can be a series of warnings & errors shown on index page.
you may have to hide those warnings & errors display through MyBB admin panel settings (configuration section)

Admin Panel >> Configuration >> Settings >> Server and Optimization Options --> Error Type Medium
--> select Hide Errors & Warnings & save settings
Thanks for the reply
Just FYI, PHP 5.4 is no longer actively supported (security releases only for the next 9 months), consider moving to 5.5 or 5.6 instead: https://php.net/supported-versions.php. MyBB works fine with both.
My host supports latest 5.4, does this mean I should consider changing host?
(2014-11-26, 10:32 AM)enelly Wrote: [ -> ]My host supports latest 5.4, does this mean I should consider changing host?

You can ask them to update it for you, if they're not able, you should consider moving to another host. Smile
Are there tickets for fixing errors / warnings generated by running MyBB 1.8.x on PHP 5.4 / 5.5?
(2014-11-26, 11:48 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Are there tickets for fixing errors / warnings generated by running MyBB 1.8.x on PHP 5.4 / 5.5?

No. I'm using 5.4 on one of my forums and I haven't noticed any problem yet.

@.m. what kind of errors/warnings do you mean?