MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8.1] Edit the users name but keep the primary group as display.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

On my forum we have ranks (MilSim unit) I have made groups on our forum (http://royalangliangaming.uk/forum) which assign that users name [RAR][<Rank>] <Username> in that format but as they are the display group it's causing everyone's name to be the same colour.

Is it possible to have it so a group that we have will apply the [RAR][<Rank>] Tags to it but keep the same colour/style properties of the main group they are part of?

Screenshot 1: Usergroups, you can see my name has the [RAR] and [Sgt] but the name displays blue. This should be green as I'm part of the group called "Section Leader" Only Section Leaders should have a green name.

If I set my display group as section leader, my name goes green but I don't have [RAR][Sgt] in my name. Adding it into the name would be easy but not all Section Leaders are going to be the Rank [Sgt] on the forum.

I'm more than happy to download mods/plugins for myBB too, so if you know of any. Send them my way!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Goose.
Create a new group then copy the info used in Section leader and make the colour group green. With this whoever buys the rank as a section leader make it so they get added to the newly made group because of this you will then have a section leader with the rar etc but now its green. Do this for each usergroup and just make it add to whatever group so for example:

A normal user lets say a grey name usergroup buys it: THey go to the usergroup duplicated but with the grey name = Rar and grey name.

A good plugin can probably make it adapt what the usergroup they are in and make it so they swap to the certain premium usergroup that follows there colour.

Hope it helps.
Hello ,

umm. I'm not too sure what you mean.

let's say I have a member on the site named "John Doe" We rename him to "Doe.J" he starts off in the community as a Recruit, so I give him the rank on the site "recruit" which adds this to his name:

[RAR][Rct]{Username}

I also have to give them several other groups but for some reason, when I give them the group "Section Leader" it is meant to make their name Blue but due to the "recruit" rank displaying as the primary it makes the name Blue and cannot be changed :/

I've looked for plugins but none of them can actually do what I need Sad Thank you for the reply though!

Regards,

Goose.