MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Parsing issue: Forums have stopped working completely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm guessing I won't have access to that, since the server is not my own then. I'll have to wait for the owner to reply.

Alright, I've decided to just reinstall the version I had before the issue. What files do I back up to keep settings, themes, templates, and custom pages?

Also, when I reinstall, will there be an option to use the already existing database (ie, all posts/users/etc will be exactly as they were), or will i have to use my database backup?

I think I found the problem.

I decided to start with new files, so I deleted all the forum files, then uploaded a fresh copy of the same version. I deleted the install folder and uploaded my original config and settings files. Same issue. Blank page. So the problem either had to lie in the two files I uploaded, or in the database. I ran both files through a syntax checker, and the settings file had an issue in it. This is what I found:

<?php
/*********************************\ 
  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, PLEASE USE
  THE SETTINGS EDITOR
\*********************************/

lots of $settings stuff

$settings['dotfolders'] = "1";
$settings['useerrorhandling'] = "1";
$settings['gzipoutput'] = "1";
$se

That last line of code was like that. I'm in the process of reuploading my old files with that last line deleted, but it raises questions. Was that line added, or is this an incomplete settings file?

I'll update once the files have been deleted and reuploaded, and let you know if the issue is solved.

Yep. Issue solved. The styles broke for the theme that was currently in use, so it used a fallback theme. The original theme worked after saving all the CSS again. Everything is back to normal.
Pages: 1 2