MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade in wrong language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've searched these forums for the following terms:

"upgrade language"
"install language"
"wrong language"

and nothing came up relevant, so excuse me if this is posted somewhere already but I can't find it.

When navigating to the "/install" directory for an upgrade, the entire page is in Spanish. Yes I do have a Spanish language pack installed. I figure I could remove the language pack from the server but in that case I think I would encounter an error as obviously it's set to run the Spanish files for the install page, unless the language pack has replaced the file entirely.

What's my best course of action to keep the Spanish language pack on the forum and run the upgrades in English?

Thanks in advance.
you can change your forum's default language to English for both front panel & admin panel and do the upgrade.
later you can check availability of Spanish language pack for MyBB 1.8.x and add it
(2014-11-26, 09:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can change your forum's default language to English for both front panel & admin panel and do the upgrade.
later you can check availability of Spanish language pack for MyBB 1.8.x and add it

The default language is already set to English. Not sure where the second setting is, but the one in "General Configuration" is already English.
^ though may not be necessary, it is at
Configuration >> Settings >> Control Panel Preferences (Global) --> Control Panel Language
(2014-11-26, 10:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ though may not  be  necessary, it is at
Configuration >> Settings >> Control Panel Preferences (Global) --> Control Panel Language

That's already set to English as well.

Edit: I believe this file was overwritten: "language.lang.php" causing the installation page to show in Spanish. I checked this file from the /install/resources directory and saw it's in Spanish.
^And if you downloaded MyBB 1.8.3 from this page & used it then upgrade should run in English
I've confirmed it was the file "/install/resources/language.lang.php" was overwritten by the Spanish language pack. I've replaced it with the updated one from the 1.8.3 download and also realized that I wasn't supposed to run the install script to begin with but simply replace a few files to update from 1.8.2 to 1.8.3.

Now that the file has been replaced the installation page is displaying in English.

Thanks for the assistance.