MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can not edit style sheet in advanced mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am able to edit the style sheet in advanced mode on my forum after upgrading to 1.8 from 1.6.13 (1613), all the text is grey instead of black and i can highlight it but not edit the text. Any suggestions as to why this would be?

[Image: Yig06RH.png]

Additionally some buttons don't seem to be functioning in the admin cp (ie the options button), anyone know why this would be?

[Image: 4uws6ao.png]

And lastly I am trying to get my background image to repeat on the background of my forum as it used to. I even added the " repeat-x;" code in the simple editor but my forum still wont repeat the image.

heres a link to my forum if you want to take a look at what i mean: http://avoidingcorn.com/forum/
looks like some of new version files are not correctly overwritten

can you run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find
missing / changed files .. you have to replace reported missing / changed files. ignore files
reported from install folder & its sub-folders.

And your forum's earlier theme requires many changes
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

or you can install a good looking new theme compatible with MyBB 1.8.x and use it
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
gave the file verification process a go and it found a lot of files that arent in the my bb 1.8.X directory that i downloaded on the main page of this site. Where are these files?

for example:

[Image: WUcyPhA.png]
[Image: 4goR0JQ.png]
^ looks like you forgot to rename custom admin folder before upgrading and new version files are added to admin folder.
you have to move those files from the admin folder to your custom admin folder
(2014-11-26, 06:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ looks like you forgot to rename custom admin folder before upgrading and new version files are added to admin folder.
you have to move those files from the admin folder to your custom admin folder

Thank You!!! 

now if only i could get the image to repeat on the page  on the page like i had it before. I did some searching on the forums and found some posts that recommended using the "repeat-x;" code after the link but after applying that it still doesn not seeem to want to repeat on the page. Any suggestions here? 

[Image: kl9hnfU.png]

all issues resolved this thread can now be closed, thanks!