MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [In Dev] - MyBB 1.8 mobile theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Time to move to 1.8 mobile / tablet layout. I have started to chop 1.8 default theme by removing cellpading, cellspacing, valing, align and border attributes from tables (default theme is ~ 15kb lighter  Big Grin). For now only rough preview of index template is available (some of current colors are placeholders). As name suggest, aim of mobile theme is provide seamless browsing experience on tablets / smartphones by rewriting all parts of default theme (usercp, modcp, index, moderation, modcp, portal, profile page, warning system, manage group, pm, calendar...)

[Image: DwCe2Ls.png]
Looks Nice Smile
I'm looking forward for this Release Smile
Thanks , Great Work.
Beat me to it. Great work Johnny. I like the initial styling, however I would have gone for a more block style, as everything is touching the sides, such as thead, the border-radius makes it look a little weird. That's my own opinion though.
That's what i thought to. My last mobile theme (based on windows metro) was without any border radius and there were few suggestions to add it. it makes sense to drop border on elements that are hugging screen edges. Thanks for the suggestion.
[Image: fZOa5TQ.jpg]
Good Job!!
(2014-11-27, 11:10 AM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]That's what i thought to. My last mobile theme (based on windows metro) was without any border radius and there were few suggestions to add it. it makes sense to drop border on elements that are hugging screen edges. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ah I see. I guess wait and see what other people think.

Can I ask how you are going to manage enabling the theme? Will it be user selectable or will it automatically be the default theme when browsing the site with mobiles? Or are you going for the responsive approach? I can see this being a little bit of a problem as I haven't seen any recent activity with MyBB GoMobile.
Thank you! Looking forward to this. 
After looking at various forum reader apps (for android and iphone) i've opted for a sticky header with slidein/out (from left or right) navigation menu and flat layout (without border radius).

New previews (grey bg color is currently a placeholder):

[Image: NxSquzU.png] 

[Image: afP68EG.png]

@Harry K - i don't plan a responsive theme (already have two of those) but a mobile one (elements stacked in order to fit a tablet / smartphone screen). If i understood right (according to code in global.php) once a theme is changed (via quick theme select) a cookie (mybbtheme) is added with id of selected theme (and that theme is set as default for a user who has that cookie in his browser). I'll start from that.
Looking forward to it.
GoMobile is giving me headaches Smile

Why there are NO mobile themes (free or premium) is something that is really beyond me

I would really like something plain and simple, just like GoMobile. After all, let's face it, I would never dream of using A LOT of the functionalities available on MyBB I would do away with them anyway (but this has been talked about at length in another thread)
(2014-11-28, 10:22 PM)Arka Wrote: [ -> ]Why there are NO mobile themes (free or premium) is something that is really beyond me

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=303

Right now work on phones without cookies or changing theme. Anyway, I'll update as some parts of MyBB not been adapted yet.

Version 0.3 will be soon. ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5