MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Everything Lost After upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I'm really hoping someone can help me. I read about the security concerns with the 1.8.x so i decided to upgrade. I am running 1.8.0, and I attempted to go to 1.8.3. I followed the steps listed here http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade...he-upgrade and went through the steps. When I did the upgrade, it looked exactly my initial install. When I was done, EVERYTHING was back to the default.

Luckily I backed up my DB and files and folders prior to the upgrade. I restored everything, and i'm back in business.

So where did I go wrong? I was never prompted for upgrade from version 1.8.0 to 1.8.3. Has others had this problem, or just me?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

L
1.8.3 exactly looks like 1.8.0 ! admin panel should display MyBB installed version.
I lost all customizations and settings. I had to do a full restore to get everything back.

(2014-11-27, 01:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]1.8.3 exactly looks like 1.8.0 ! admin panel should display MyBB installed version.
^ can you give more details - which type of customizations are lost & which settings ..