MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins Not Supportive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All!

Two days back I installed the MyBB forum with the help of QuickStart provided by my host.
After installation, I found it to be an old version thus manually upgraded it to the latest 1.8.3 version.

Now, when I'm trying to install the popular plugins ...it seems they are not updated.
Still I tried to upload it through FTP.
Now I'm unable to activate them.
What should I do?

Should I proceed with my work without plugins are simply wait for it.

Please do guide me.

Thanks in advance.

....SriNik
some of the plugins coded for earlier versions of MyBB might work on 1.8.x by changing compatibility line
however, generally speaking, one should use plugins sparingly - use only if necessary.

Edit: MyBB 1.8.x version compatible plugins are available here => Extend : Plugins
Thank for the instant reply!
Most of the top downloaded/rated plugins like Page Manager, Google SEO, Quick Reply PM, Fit on Page, Form Manager, Board Messages, Lock old threads, Akismet, Welcome email, Undo Delete, mybb plugin library are not compatible with the latest version.

I tried to upload them but still I can't activate them.

Thus, I'm in cross-roads? Should I move ahead without plugins?

.....SriNik
Page Manager => works on MyBB 1.8.x by changing compatibility line. there is also an alternate plugin.
Google SEO & Plugin Library => MyBB 1.8.x compatible versions available at GitHub
Fit on Page => not required for MyBB 1.8.x as images are scaled using css
Undo Delete, Quick Reply PM => not required as MyBB 1.8.x has both features
Lock old threads, Akismet, Welcome email => should work by changing compatibility line
Form Manager => testing version available for MyBB 1.8.x (contact coder)
Board Messages => see few equivalent plugins
Thank U! I'll check them now and work on it.