MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attached images NOT showing in posts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i make it so ALL attached images show up in post and NOT as downloads?
Basically when i attach something i want the image to show in the post itself.

Gonna test to and see if this works here.
[attachment=5427]
Now why cant i get that to show on my forum like that? Instead it shows as a file to download to look at the imge which i DONT want.
Showing attachment thumbnails requires PHP to be configured with the gd library and have support in the gd library for the different filetypes you're trying to create thumbnails of.

In the Admin CP under the Maintenance section click on "View PHP Info". Once that has loaded see if you can find a section similar to the following on the PHPInfo page:
[attachment=5428]
In addition to having the GD Library, as Chris mentioned, there is a setting in Admin CP --> Settings --> Posting:
Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts should be set to Yes.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Showing attachment thumbnails requires PHP to be configured with the gd library and have support in the gd library for the different filetypes you're trying to create thumbnails of.

In the Admin CP under the Maintenance section click on "View PHP Info". Once that has loaded see if you can find a section similar to the following on the PHPInfo page:

So can i change that and or update it somehow?

Oh and i do have it set this way ------->Posting:
Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts should be set to Yes.

Thanks
GD needs to be installed by your host. Contact them please.
HarryWx Wrote:How do i make it so ALL attached images show up in post and NOT as downloads?
Basically when i attach something i want the image to show in the post itself.

Gonna test to and see if this works here.

Did you get yours working? I have a similar problem.