MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with MKPortal after MYBB 1.2.3 installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

I have found a problem with my website front page CMS (MKPortal) after upgrading to MYBB 1.2.3

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bigyin/public_html/forum/global.php on line 13

After looking at the changes in global.php, I found that reverting line 13 to previous code solved the problem.
//OLD CODE
require_once dirname(__FILE__)."/inc/init.php";

//NEW CODE
require_once "./inc/init.php";

This apparently fixed the problem with portal page, but I'm not sure if it will (re)introduce some other problem that generated the change in the file for the new version...
hi ! (sorry for my bad english)

have you got post this "bug" on mkportal official website too ?
because it's better for make a bug fixes I think

I'm register too on official mkportal website Wink

EDIT : ok you have posted on mkportal website too. I wait a bug fixes before to make Mybb upgrade Wink

this post is here
If this is a problem just with MKPortal, then it should be reported to them.
DennisTT Wrote:If this is a problem just with MKPortal, then it should be reported to them.

Yes, I reported also to them, but, as I say in the first post, the problem is generated by a single code line change in MYBB 1.2.3 forum (./forum/global.php).

Changing this file manually (only that line) to the code as it was in 1.2.2 will (apparently) fix the problem.

I'd like to know if, doing this change in the global.php file, I am introducing some other problem in the forum itself (maybe a problem that was fixed with that line change).
I had that same error and I replaced global.php with the one from which I had before the update.I saved all Mybb 1.2.2 files just in case and so when I got that error, I just used the old one.
I hope by doing that it did not do anything bad? I haven't seen anything so I cant tell.
Well, it was changed back to what it was in 1.1.8 because of some error or another. I think Chris might be able to elaborate.
Tikitiki Wrote:Well, it was changed back to what it was in 1.1.8 because of some error or another. I think Chris might be able to elaborate.

A little bump... any word on it?
flyby3d Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Well, it was changed back to what it was in 1.1.8 because of some error or another. I think Chris might be able to elaborate.

A little bump... any word on it?

That mod has not cured mine. I can load the portal but it has the following errors on the top of the screen

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/india44/public_html/test/mybb/global.php:1) in /home/india44/public_html/test/mybb/inc/functions.php on line 1118

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/india44/public_html/test/mybb/global.php:1) in /home/india44/public_html/test/mybb/inc/functions.php on line 1118

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/india44/public_html/test/mybb/global.php:1) in /home/india44/public_html/test/mybb/inc/functions.php on line 1118.

Yes it appears 3 times

Help?

Andy
Did you modify global.php?

Can you reupload a fresh copy of global.php?
DennisTT Wrote:Did you modify global.php?

Can you reupload a fresh copy of global.php?

Hi yes modified global.php as per above. If i load new global.php file then it goes back to my original post error.

Andy
Pages: 1 2