MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Most Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I have a website I'm putting up and I just wanted to know how will I put the forums on Dreamweaver?
I guess you're talking about how to edit the skin... but please, come again? [Image: huh.gif]
Do you mean how do you add the forums to dreamweaver so you can upload the site content and all the forums in one go?
myBB uses a template system, which means the styles are not on files! This means they are not easily accessable to dreamweaver.

To put part of it into dreamweaver, make a standard page, copy all of Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > *template set expand* > css into the head tags, then find the template of the page you want to edit, copy the html into the body tags and edit it from there.

Note: The header, footer, links, and content will not show unless you also copy them over!!

You will probably also need to use myBB theme system to change fonts, colors, widths etc. (Admin CP > Themes > Modify / Delete > *theme set edit*)

Its a very tricky process, and a long one too. My suggestion would be make the design you want, and edit only the templates you need to!! If you're new to myBB, then start by changing the colors and fonts you want at Admin CP > Themes > Modify / Delete > *theme set edit*, then move onto the index template etc etc.

Let us know how you get on Smile
How do I copy all of admin
If anyone has dreamweaver could you do it for me and send it to me via pm
ausnrl, hardly anyone can do it for you since:

a) we dont know what you want/need to begin with
b) its too tricky!! like I said, it would be a long process, you actually need to know html to do stuff, since one template will not show properly without the many others.

The only way you could do this if if you peice together all the templates, one by one, going through each, one by one, and adding it to dreamweaver, changing it, saving it, then getting another template. And unless dreamweaver show php (actually outputs it, not show the code) then you wont be able to see most of the template called, eg: $header, $footer etc.

However admin is much easier, since the style can be found in "admin/styles/Axiom/" and the pages in admin/ contain the HTML in them, but its still a bit trickier than editing a plain HTML document.
Well then what's the easier way?
ausnrl's PM Wrote:and the easier way is to upload all the files onto my site?
What files?? The easiest way to change the style of the board is through myBB's built in Template (the html of the board) and Theme (the colors, fonts, sizes, widths) systems.

Before going any futher, I suggest 2 things,

First, get a basic understand of html and css. Relying on dreamweaver to do everything for you isn't the best solution, since theres a lot of things dreamweaver cant do that you have to!

Second, take a look at myBB template and theme systems, they are very user friendly.

Templates can be found at Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > *template set expand*
and Themes at Admin CP > Themes > Modify / Delete > *theme set edit*

Back-up your database and fiddle with some of the settings, see what they do, get used to them. Anything you want to do to myBB will evewntually involve these, so get used to them now so your prepared later,
I do know about HTML I just want to know where's admin cp and what do you mean by template
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7