MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BAM Announcements Manager - Conditional Announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently use the BAM Announcements Manager plugin on my board and it works very well.
I have an idea for my board which I would like to try and implement based around 'Conditional Announcements'

In one of my forums, I make use of Post Thread prefixes for IT Status alerts.
These are:
[Alert]
[Resolved]
[Information]

My idea being that if within this forum, no threads are prefixed with 'Alert', an announcement banner will display saying something along the lines of:
There are currently{0} IT Alerts. All services operating normally.

IF however, any posts do have an 'Alert' prefix showing, the announcement will change to say:
There are currently {1} IT Alerts showing. Visit the Status Forums for More Information.

(It doesn't even have to count them if that would be easier to do. I would just change the announcement to say that there are alerts)

The idea being behind this is that the announcements become more automated and will give better notifications to our users. They tend not to look at the Status forums and end up ringing us. (By the way this is a Company based forum rather than a public one)

I hope that I have explained this well enough and would appreciate any help Blush
Am not sure if the BAM Announcements Manager could be modified in any way (although this would be nicest way) or some sort of new plugin would need to be written. (I am useless any coding)

Thanks in advance.
Chris