MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change background of textarea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I've changed my theme to a dark one due I love it and it feels good for eyes at nights.
Problem is the textarea window is bright!
Here screenshot on it: http://prntscr.com/5baxf9

How can I change it so it's darker? is it possible downloading some other text editor or so that's dark?
You can change the editor style, but only the toolbar style (Templates & Style > Themes > Your theme and look for the setting "Editor Style".

To change the background color of the textarea, just open your global.css, search for the textarea selector and change the value of the background property.
its actually loaded from jscripts... you need to edit the default.css file from your root/jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/default.css

search for "background" and change colors accordingly... but that would change the editor background color across all themes...

if you want to change it for only one theme, then open the global.css of that theme and add these codes.. replace ###### with color codes of your choice...

.sceditor-container {
  background: ###### !important;
}

.sceditor-container iframe,
.sceditor-container textarea {
}

div.sceditor-dropdown {
}

div.sceditor-toolbar {
}
Thanks!

I tried the code, and seem to work, though it's 2 problems. The font seems to be black, and is unable to see when having it a dark color. Second problem is that the menu above is also white (but might be able to change by the CSS as well I guess, on the same page maybe).

About the font, I tried go to the theme, then to global.css and to advanced mode, got this code there:

.sceditor-container {
 background: #00181F !important;
  color: #fff !important;
}

.sceditor-container iframe,
.sceditor-container textarea {
}

div.sceditor-dropdown {
}

The color code when I go with chrome to inspect element, the text in this textarea (on the quick reply) is on this CSS:

html, body, p, code:before, table {}

But if I edit the color/text there, wont it change it on other places as well? I can't find this specific code in the advanced editor on global.css for the theme I am using.
(2014-11-29, 01:08 PM)Sozu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

I tried the code, and seem to work, though it's 2 problems. The font seems to be black, and is unable to see when having it a dark color. Second problem is that the menu above is also white (but might be able to change by the CSS as well I guess, on the same page maybe).

The color code when I go with chrome to inspect element, the text in this textarea (on the quick reply) is on this CSS:

yes, obviously you need to change the font color when you change the background. add "color: ######;" attribute to the css celectors which needs a change...

to change the textarea in quickreply add this to global.css...

#quickreply_e textarea {
}
can you provide your forum url, so we can check the specific theme to know the exact css selectors used and help you better...
Ok thanks, one huge problem is the cache seems to be saved and I've no idea how to clear it out?
I checked with chrome incnigno that doesn't save any cache to make sure it's not my browser, but it's something on the website that saves cache. I'd the problem before as well, and I asked my webhost provider and they said they don't keep cache.
So I've to clear cache to see changes.

The forum is on sozu.eu/forum
on sozu.eu is a wordpress installation.

The forum is locked due threads gets massive views because of bots, I opened a guest account today for a buddy to check on something, you can se it if you need login to see, the open forum is on application there it works to see the taxtarea window for making new post

Usrname: Guest
password: qwe123

(2014-11-29, 01:19 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-29, 01:08 PM)Sozu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!

yes, obviously you need to change the font color when you change the background. add "color: ######;" attribute to the css celectors which needs a change...

to change the textarea in quickreply add this to global.css...

#quickreply_e textarea {
}
can you provide your forum url, so we can check the specific theme to know the exact css selectors used and help you better...

I tried reinstall the XML file and been now edit around stuffs and, I wonder if this jquery is the issue?
Check screenshot: http://prntscr.com/5bj9k9

I've been trying edit in the global.css from what I find there on site to change the text, but it seems not be able to overwrite.
Now I found that file or whatever it is, and if I change the color there in chromes inspect element, it seems to work. Problem is where I find this place? so I can edit it.

Overall I think it doesn't matter if I change it for all themes, I may decide to just have 1 theme available and use this I have.