MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderators cannot post announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Blush

I am having a problem with my 1.8.3 install; moderators cannot add announcements.

I have tested as Supermoderator and moderator. My original install was a 1.8.1 install, I have patched to 1.8.2 and later 1.8.3 using the changed files packages. I have reuploaded modcp (from the 1.8.3 full download package).

I have checked the user permissions, and they can edit and delete but not add. As admin I can add announcements.

Totally baffled, please advise.
I have the same problem. I have done some test:

- My forum patched: 
  • from 1.6.12 to 1.6.15
  • from 1.6.15 to 1.8.0
  • from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 (ran upgrade)
  • from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2
  • from 1.8.2 to 1.8.3
using Changed Files Package and my supermods CAN'T add announcements.

- My forum test:
  • from 1.8.0 to 1.83
using full 1.8.3 Release Package and my supermods CAN add annoucenements.
1. What exactly can't they do? See the Add Announcement links, open the modcp.php?action=new_announcement&fid=1 page, save it or? Please be more specific.
2. Did you try reuploading inc/functions_modcp.php?
Thanks for answering.

As I said in my post, moderators can edit and delete but not add announcements. When a moderator clicks add announcement then they get an error no permissions. That link is in the MODCP (does it appear anywhere else outside ACP?)

If you see the second post  then it only seems to happen in a specific set of circumstances (as outlined in that reply).

I will try reuploading functions_modcp_php - was that in any of the changed packages?

EDIT:  I uploaded a new functions_modcp_php  - no effect. Supermoderators still cannot post announcements, moderators cannot post announcements in their sections.
Ummm.. Does the (super) moderator group have the Can manage announcements? checkbox ticked under Moderator CP tab then?

As I thought, people are getting confused by the new MCP permissions: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/688 Not a bug, intended behavior, but weird, confusing and not user-friendly just like the whole moderating system, in my opinion.
Yes they do have it ticked. I checked this with niere8 - it seems that the circumstances of HOW the board has reached it's current version has an effect.

(2014-11-30, 09:54 PM)niere8 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem. I have done some test:

- My forum patched: 

• from 1.6.12 to 1.6.15
  • from 1.6.15 to 1.8.0
  • from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1 (ran upgrade)
  • from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2
  • from 1.8.2 to 1.8.3
using Changed Files Package and my supermods CAN'T add announcements.

- My forum test:

• from 1.8.0 to 1.83
using full 1.8.3 Release Package and my supermods CAN add annoucenements.

PS I am NOT confused. Try testing the scenario:

Install 1.8.1 as a clean install.
Patch to 1.8.2 using changed files
Set up a Supermoderator with correct permissions
Patch to 1.8.3 using changed files.

Try adding an announcement as that supermoderator.
Yes, I go to ModCP - Announcements - Add Annoucement but error page:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

In AdminCP, SuperMods have full powers, all checkbox ticked.

Re-uploaded from 1.8.3 download: announcements.php, managegroup.php, modcp.php, functions_modcp.php but nothing.

In ACP - Moderator CP is all ticked:
Quote:Forums & Posts
Can manage announcements?
Please note that forum moderators must be assigned to at least one forum in order to manage announcements.
Can manage moderator queue?
Please note that forum moderators must be assigned to at least one forum in order to manage the moderator queue.
Can manage reported content?
Please note that forum moderators must be assigned to at least one forum in order to manage reported content.
Can view moderator logs?
Please note that forum moderators must be assigned to at least one forum in order to view the moderator logs.

I tried also to assign a SuperMod to a specific forum and add announcement but I have always error of no permissions.

But as supermod I can edit and delete announcements, also announcements posted by admins, and also global announcements, but I can't create a new announcement.
Well, I found other bug in MCP: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1669 and this is most likely caused by this conditional:
if(($mybb->usergroup['issupermod'] != 1 && $announcement_fid == -1) || ($announcement_fid != -1 && !is_moderator($announcement_fid, "canmanageannouncements")) || ($unviewableforums && in_array($announcement['fid'], $unviewableforums)))
Try changing it to:
if(($mybb->usergroup['issupermod'] != 1 && $announcement_fid == -1) || ($announcement_fid != -1 && !is_moderator($announcement_fid, "canmanageannouncements")) || ($unviewableforums && in_array($announcement_fid, $unviewableforums)))
and that should work.
Ok, so we are getting there Smile

I changed the code and now I can click on add announcement and access the editor (as moderator and as supermoderator) but on save it gives an error no permission.
Same edit is required for the do action then.
Pages: 1 2