MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: approve new threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

for some reason i cant find the option to let new threads get approved first before theyll show up on a certain forum?
Ive tried:

Forum permissions -> set custom permissions -> "moderation" and checked the " moderate new threads" for the registered group, but they can still post as usual.
Am i on the wrong place or where was that option with the approve first, i am kinda confused and i cant find anything that refers on approval or something similar. Confused
Same question here.
Hope you get an answer !
Undecided
do the registered group see the notice "Please note that new threads in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible." while posting new threads... looks like the permissions are not getting saved...
Try this...
Forum Management > View Forum > Add a usergroup as Moderators > choose Administrators > Add Usergroup Moderator
Once Admins have been set as moderators for the forum, the...
Set Custom Permissions > Moderation > check appropriate of 4 boxes > Save Forum Permissions
...should work for that forum.
At least it did here.
Rolleyes

(2014-11-30, 02:10 PM)k1R@ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

for some reason i cant find the option to let new threads get approved first before theyll show up on a certain forum?
Ive tried:
Forum permissions -> set custom permissions -> "moderation" and checked the " moderate new threads" for the registered group, but they can still post as usual.
Am i on the wrong place or where was that option with the approve first, i am kinda confused and i cant find anything that refers on approval or something similar. Confused
When you're modifying these 4 permissions, you should press save only in the modal window. If you save at the bottom of the whole page, it will not work (known bug).
Thank you for the additional info !
Think I save in 'modal' wdo, then 'bottom' main wdo, and is working.
Are you saying that should make it 'not work' ?
(2014-12-14, 07:28 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]When you're modifying these 4 permissions, you should press save only in the modal window. If you save at the bottom of the whole page, it will not work (known bug).
Ps: The following plugin also seems to work in 1.8 as well as in 1.6.
Quote:Required Approval (1.1)
Causes new users posts to require approval, until a specified amount of the users posts have been approved.
Created by Jammerx2