MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Proxy blocking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure.. but is there a way to prevent people signing up with a Proxy.. or using a Proxy program.. I really need this.. People are refering people at my site for a contest and they refer 10 people but none have posts which makes me believe they are signing up themselves more then once.. But I cant tell.
I'm not aware of any programs that can block proxies since you can't tell the difference between a real host and a proxy host.
Well I know with vB.. that You can block certain proxy sites and ect so that people are not able to view/login on the forums.. (I cant be Positive though)
If you are having a referring contest, you could always set some rules such as maybe posting 10 times or something like that. Maybe even email activation and set only 1 email per account and not multiple accounts per email Smile.
Zalaki Wrote:Well I know with vB.. that You can block certain proxy sites and ect so that people are not able to view/login on the forums.. (I cant be Positive though)

you can easily check if it is a proxy by just visiting the ip, a site will appear if it a proxy and it will time out if it is a persons ip.

if you start blocking proxy sites i think you would begin to block normal users from accessing the sites too as servers do not have different ips to computers.