MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost everything from upgrading 1.8.1 to 1.8.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did an upgrade from 1.8.1 to 1.8.3 and had lost all my template changes. 

Previously when I upgraded from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1, the Find Updated Templates was working. I thought it would work this time but it didn't. 

After upgrade it showed Upgrade Complete

And boom I lost most of my template changes. Theme css was still around though. 

I have a backup of all the files in my PC, but the question is where are the changed templates?
In template heaven.
I am not sure that changes done in templates are lost when we do upgrade.
anyway, have you taken backup of the theme or database backup before doing the upgrade ?
(2014-12-02, 06:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure that changes done in templates are lost when we do upgrade.
anyway, have you taken backup of the theme or database backup before doing the upgrade ?

Yes I did. Is there anyway to look for changed template files in the backed up files? Or should I look at the database? 

If all else fails I'll just install it in a localhost and then update the changed templates. 

OK So I realized I ran the install/upgrade script, that's why I have this error.

If i restore the database the templates should come back right?
^ yes, if you restore the database then templates revert back to earlier state (with your code changes)
Thanks. I don't know why but all the templates eventually came back after awhile.

I doubled checked with the backup templates via phpmyadmin and they all match.

So all good here. Big Grin