MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clear the spam log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to clear the spam log please.

I see a tab "Prune Spam Logs" I've tried just leaving at 30 days, I've also tried adding an email and IPs from the log but it seems to do nothing.

Am I missing something, is there an easy way to clear the spam log say once a month and start a fresh from zero ?

Thank You.
No one know?
(2014-12-04, 11:21 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]No one know?

Well, you didn't post any info except that it doesn't work. 

1. MyBB version?
2. What exactly happens? Any error or it says that the deletion was successful?
3. Did you try other amount of days, like 1 or 2? 
(2014-12-05, 01:41 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-04, 11:21 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]No one know?

Well, you didn't post any info except that it doesn't work. 

1. MyBB version?
2. What exactly happens? Any error or it says that the deletion was successful?
3. Did you try other amount of days, like 1 or 2? 

I don't know what other information you need, all I'm doing is asking "How To Clear The Spam Log" Huh

1. I posted this in 1.8 support and the spam log is new too 1.8 so I asumed people would undertand my question: MyBB version 1.8.3

2. As for what exactly happens: I don't know, I'm seeking advice on how to clear the spam log. And as I said I tried using "Prune spam logs" but nothing happened.

3. Yes I have tried different days, IPs, Emails but the spam log stays exactly the same as it was.

I'm sorry if my question wasn't clear enough and you didn't understand me, but I'm asking if anyone knows how to clear the spam log. (Empty it) (Remove content) (Remove the logged content and put it back to zero) 

Don't worry I'll just turn it off Confused
Please delete; wrong answer.....
I worked it out myself eventually if anyone else is interested.

It's not explained very well in the prune spam logs tab, but I noticed when pruning Admin logs it say "Older Than" But on the Spam log those words are nor present.

So set date range to 0 Days then Prune. It will say "For security reasons, logs less than 24 hours old cannot be pruned."

Now I can clear the spam log.

Solved.