MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login screen loop trying to run upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Gang,

I saw a couple of posts that had this same problem, but none of them listed a solution.

I have followed the upgrade steps to the point of the Installation Wizard, Upgrade Process login screen. Every time I enter the admin credentials the login screen reappears.

Trying to go from 1.6.4 to latest.

Thanks
have you tried first logging into your forum admin panel then running the upgrade ?

ensure that plugins are disabled, backups are taken and the files are overwritten correctly

http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/
1) I cannot log into the forum because "MyBB Error (42) Error Message:Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it."

2) I looked, but did not see anything that looked like "upgrade" from within the admin. There is nothing in the upgrade tutorial that mentions this either.

Sorry, I am a bit grumpy since I have been trying to get this to work for 2 days now.
would you like to provide required privileges through PM to check it ?
requires all access - forum admin panel login, files access & database access
Sure, give me 30 minutes to restore the old version. Would you like me to leave that "as is" or should I upload the new version and get it ready for the upgrade?

Thanks
^ if you restored earlier version, you can keep it as is. and if possible, upload zip archive of the new version
(make a new zip archive consisting of contents of upload folder. do not compress upload folder it self)