MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatars from "browse" not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When trying to add an avatar from my own computer,(size 86x86) it does not show up. I can upload the default avatars but nothing from clicking on the "browse". I am using the latest version, V 1.2.3

(V1.2.2 I had no problem uploading my own avatars)
does it show an error when you try to upload? or does it upload to the server successfully and just not display on the forum?

check you have your upload avatar folder set to chmod777.
No error shown, just reverts back to the page same page. Checked the avatar folder and changed chmod avatar folder to 777 (using "UltraFXP"), it only shows the original default avatars inside the folder still.

PS...just wanted to make sure you understand I am not talking about using my FTP client to upload the avatars, I am talking about trying to upload avatars using the mybb members control panel. Thanks...
Avatar uploads are in the folder uploads/avatars. Make sure that folder is CHMODed 777.
Thanks Dennis, thought I had chmoded to 777, guess I didn't. It's working now. One minor question, should BOTH the "Upload" and the "Avatar" folder be changed to 777 or just the "Upload" folder. I did both, just wanted to know if I need to do both.
tyros8000 Wrote:does it show an error when you try to upload? or does it upload to the server successfully and just not display on the forum?

check you have your upload avatar folder set to chmod777.

Thanks tyros, you were right too on the chmod. That was it.
I'm having this problem at the moment actually... both uploads and /avatars were chmodded to 777 and no error messages were shown. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
p/s: Since I don't know ... is avatar upload related to functions.php? I'm using a modified functions.php as I'm using the MAVI vBulletin-style toolbar.
It could have been thechanges made for the security of uploads... Now that the 'order' of the ip etc. is correct it appears to be working for me now. Smile