MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I Hate upgrading :!! :@@@@@
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded to MyBB 1.8.3 and i've done all steps correct
I moved MyBB all folders in current folders via Filezilla and i installed MyBB via www.mysite.com/install
But then when i completed the install process, now my forum look like this (see image below)
[Image: 64fbif.jpg]
I don't know why it shows that also i can't make revert template, because i can't see any option to revert template or edit,
or i should delete totally my forum including all members, threads, categories etc. Angry
hmm., you haven't responded in earlier thread (Upgrading to latest MyBB version) and rushed for upgrade !

anyway, can you log into admin panel and can you run file verification tool (tools & maintenance section) ?
(2014-12-06, 12:32 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]hmm., you haven't responded in earlier thread (Upgrading to latest MyBB version) and rushed for upgrade !

anyway, can you log into admin panel and can you run file verification tool (tools & maintenance section) ?
I was using MyBB 1.6.15
How you said i runed file verification , but still same !
^ noticed any missing / changed files in file verification ?
ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
i found when i had this issue you have to go into Home » Template Sets > Find updated templates.

Under default (if it brings any up) select each option and tell it to overwrite with the new config (i forget the exact term) We had a custom theme on our board before and it imported it and obviously it didnt work.

By converting the default theme to be the correct mybb 1.8 version it resolved my problem:

I followed this:

If the blog post announcement mentions that there are theme changes, then perform the following:

Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.
You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

Under here: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/
(2014-12-08, 12:56 AM)306oc Wrote: [ -> ]i found when i had this issue you have to go into Home » Template Sets > Find updated templates.

Under default (if it brings any up) select each option and tell it to overwrite with the new config (i forget the exact term) We had a custom theme on our board before and it imported it and obviously it didnt work.

By converting the default theme to be the correct mybb 1.8 version it resolved my problem:

I followed this:

If the blog post announcement mentions that there are theme changes, then perform the following:

Go to Admin CP > Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.
You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

Under here: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrade/
Now i deleted totally my old forum.
But when i moved to 1.8 i couldn't click to revert template or edit, because didn't showed me the option to rever or change,
^ unfortunately you had no patience and lost the earlier forum !
(2014-12-08, 02:04 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ unfortunately you had no patience and lost the earlier forum !
i was holding my patience for a long time.
i made all steps correctly dear .m. but still the same, i don't know why this happens only to me