MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove the 'threads' and 'posts' count on forum idex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How I do I remove them?

And how does one rate a thread?
Hello there..

What do you mean by removing threads and posts from the forum index? is it the count of thread and posts?

To rate a thread.. open a thread and below the quick reply box there is thing called rate this thread

regards
Ahhh I see the rate the thread feature now. Many thanks!

And as for removing the thread count off the index, here is an example: http://tales.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/forum/
Hello there

in Admin CP > Templates > Modify / Delete > Expand > Forum bit templates > forumbit_depth2_forum
Find and remove

<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}</td>

Now in forumbit_depth1_cat template

find and remove
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></td>

find
colspan="5"
change 5 to 3

regards
Many thanks ^^

Edited: Worked fine, but I noticed this:

http://www.wearewriters.co.uk/forums/Talk-Away-f-9.html

The 'Posts' and 'Last Post' have been blacked out (of the child boards). How can I fix that?
Apparently, you seem to be reinstalling right now so the link doesn't work.
aha what a miss.

In forumdisplay_subforums template find and remove

<td class="tcat" width="7%" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="7%" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></span></td>
Thankies a ton!