MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who can see announcements...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to figure out how best to do announcements.

I have 4 forum sections. 1 for the public/registered users and 3 for members. If I do a global announcement it shows on all of them. If I select one section in the "Forums to Appear in" setting, it will appear in only that forum or section. It won't let me select multiple sections.

Also, I find it strange that the "Forums to appear in" can only be found in the admin CP and not in the mod CP.

So the only way I can find to do this is to create 3 identical announcements and assign them to the 3 member sections (and not the public/registered) one. Seems kind of clunky so I'm not sure I'm even doing this right.

Only other option I can think of is just make the announcement global but put all the "sensative" non-public information on a thread that the public can't access...

I was thinking there would be some kind of permission I could set so that only certain user groups could see announcements, but I couldn't find anything like that.
MyBB doesn't support multiple forums for announcements, so yes, you have to create 3 separate announcements, 1 for each forum. Either that or you can suggest to introduce this feature in 1.8/2.0 suggestion forums or request a plugin in Plugin Requests.