MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade to latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody help me please bij upgrading my forum tot the latest version.

It has an own template. Is it possible to hold this? The current version is 1.6.15

www.aussieforum.nl (its in dutch).

Thanks for the support.
Be careful dude, i upgraded to MyBB 1.8 i've done all steps correct, but i don;t know where's the problem, so i deleted my forum totally and i started a new forum !
1.backup all fiels and database first.
you can restore your forum if upgrade failure
2.stop all plugins
some plugins will make upgrade error
3. try upgrade in VM or another free host for test.
4. upgrade if 3. is test ok.
see also upgrading guidance

after upgrading MyBB version, custom theme templates need code changes and it requires a good amount of time & effort
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

it would be better to install a new good looking theme compatible with MyBB 1.8.x and use it
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
My advice:

Do NOT spend time trying to update your 1.6.15 theme and templates when upgrading to  1.8!

I spent an entire month trying to do this before realizing that the ONLY sensible way is to start fresh with a 1.8 compatible theme.

I strongly advise against any attempt to continue to use 1.6 themes for 1.8. Not only did everything go smoothly and work well with the 1.8 theme, my forum also got a new fresh design. And it wasn't that much work to tweak the new theme like I wanted it.